Ever have those days when you can’t be fucked? Where the last thing you wanna do after a long day of uni/work/sleeping off your hangover is spend two hours in the kitchen cooking a meal you’re not gonna hate? I feel you. Don’t get me wrong, I do love cooking – especially for other people. But when I’m in my flat and I’ve just had an exhausting day of being a BA student and going to my one class that I have, I love to find way to cut corners in the kitchen but still come out with decent food.
So this is for those of you who also can’t be fucked, and just want to get to the part where you’re eating. This is probably one of the easiest things you’ll cook in the kitchen that you can actually pass off as a meal. I like to call it my “can’t be fucked” nachos.
You Will Need
- Approx 400g mince
- 1 can black beans or kidney beans
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar salsa (I use Old El Paso medium heat. If you don’t wanna shell out for salsa, you can use a can of pasta sauce instead)
- 1 packet frozen veges
- Ground cumin
- Ground chili
- 1 bag nacho chips
- 1 tub sour cream
- Canola oil (or whatever kind of oil you have)
How to Make It
- Heat a large saucepan to medium heat. Add a splash of oil in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mince. Cook until fully browned.
- Add 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon chili (or more if you like it hotter). Stir in the spices well.
- Chuck in some frozen veges to bulk up the mince. You don’t need to be too precise with how much you put in; just use as much as you want. I like to put in quite a lot of frozen veges, but it just depends on your tastes and your mood. Cook for a couple of minutes – until the veges are no longer frozen.
- Add the beans, the tomatoes, and the salsa.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, reducing heat if necessary.
- Arrange some nachos on a plate. Put a few spoonfuls of mince on top. Finish with some grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- EAT DAT ISH.
Serves four. (Or one person for four days. Especially great if you don’t want to cook more than like twice in a week.)